Energy monitoring and targeting
An interactive session covering the principles and practice of this essential energy management technique. Presenter Vilnis Vesma covers key concepts such as degree days and CUSUM analysis, with exercises and examples.
Date & Location
(Receive £30 discount when booking through The Green Consultancy website: Code TGC2012)
13th June, Newcastle - Book
6th November, Bristol - Book
13th November, London - Book
4th December, Birmingham - Book
Monitoring & Targeting (M&T) is a management system that should be central to any effective programme of energy management. It will:
- Show you how, where and when energy is being used
- Alert you to unexpected excess consumption
- Enable you to target and drive down consumption
- Provide objective estimates of savings you have achieved
- Help you forecast energy demand
Unlock the information hidden in your energy data
If you want to design, implement or improve an M&T system, or just want to be briefed on what M&T can do and how to avoid the pitfalls, we suggest that you attend one of our workshops.
They are suitable for:
- facilities managers
- plant engineers
- works managers
- energy managers
Each workshop is limited to 12 delegates and is informal, interactive, with questions and discussion encouraged. Examples and exercises are used to illustrate and clarify the material.
You will learn how to:
- Detect exceptions with a remarkably simple routine report
- Instantly prioritise them by excess cost
- Account properly for the weather, production activity levels, and other quantifiable influences
- Reveal inefficiency and waste through analysis of past behaviour
- Focus energy surveys where there will be most benefit
- Verify and quantify the benefit of energy-saving initiatives and projects
- Forecast and track energy budgets accurately
- Benefit from enhanced benchmarking opportunities
- Use degree-days and CUSUM analysis
Yours to keep:
- Handbook on the analysis and reporting of energy data
- Excel 2003 workbook containing samples of analysis and data-presentation tricks
If you don't find the course useful, just hand back the training materials and we will refund your attendance fee.
For more details about the workshop simply click the link above. Alternatively, to learn more about any of our Intelligent Energy Solutions, call Michael Webb on 08450 176300, or email Michael@GreenConsultancy.com
Vilnis Vesma MA CEng MEI
Many years' experience of designing, installing, supporting and operating M&T schemes, and training users
Creator of spreadsheet-based tools for energy management
Supplied M&T tools and expertise to manufacturing industry, commercial and public sector organisations
Here are typical comments about his training:
"The most beneficial 1 day course I have ever attended."
"Within the first hour of the course I was itching to get back to work to put what I was being taught into practice."
"Excellent, well planned, well paced, inclusive and informative"
Discover Total Energy Management
To help your organisation manage energy in the most complete and professional way possible, The Green Consultancy provides Total Energy Management – an integrated series of consecutive and on-going activities.
More about Total Energy Management